For storage and transportation of compressed and liquefied gases, metal cylinders of various volumes are used, which must be resistant to certain pressure loads. Work associated with the use of technical gases requires strict observance of the requirements for the safe operation of equipment. Therefore, according to legislative norms, scheduled surveys of gas tanks should be regularly conducted.
You can order certification and verification of cylinders for compressed gases at” Helium24. ” Our main advantages are an affordable pricing policy and work in full compliance with all requirements of safety rules, which is confirmed by the relevant permissions.
Certification service: what is included in it
Attestation is primarily necessary for the owner of the gas tank, as it can guarantee safe storage and use. After five years from the date of manufacture, the cylinder must be tested and verified:
- integrity of the case and serviceability of the valve;
- mass of the container;
- internal volume;
- pressure resistance;
- for the presence of markings and established color in accordance with GOST.
Subsequent certifications are carried out every five years, and information on the inspection carried out is entered in the passport of the cylinder.
The procedure for the examination of gas cylinders is carried out by specialists who have undergone appropriate training and received permission from the supervisory authority. There is a certain procedure with strict observance of safety rules:
- At the preparatory stage, gas residues are removed from the tank, the valve is removed. Air blowing, cleaning with water or solvent is carried out. Valve is being checked.
- By inspecting the case for dents, cracks, and scratches, the integrity of the neck ring and shoe nozzle is determined. Troubleshooting.
- The mass and internal volume of the cylinders are measured, then the data is compared with the previous indicators in the passport. So you can find out how much the cylinder walls have decreased as a result of corrosion and other chemical processes.
- Hydraulic tests verify the strength of the housing. To determine the resistance to stress, the tank is filled with water under high pressure.
- A valve is installed on the neck of the body, marking is applied, and, if necessary, the body is painted.
The certification procedure in total takes about five hours. If damage is detected ahead of the expected certification period, then the inspection must be carried out immediately to avoid undesirable consequences. In this case, it takes less than an hour (about 45 minutes).
If at least one discrepancy is found during the inspection, the cylinder is rejected:
- there are visible defects and damages on the case;
- the mass of the product decreased by more than 7.5%, and the volume increased by 1%;
- cracks were detected during hydraulic tests;
- the absence of the factory marking, the quality control mark, the date of the previous inspection or one of the data points in the passport, indicating the results of previous tests.
A failed cylinder must be disposed of so that unscrupulous companies cannot reuse it. To do this, notches are applied to the neck thread or a hole is drilled in the housing.
In the event that the tank did not pass the test due to identified defects, it is best to contact a specialized, verified company that has the necessary permissions and licenses for working with gas tanks.
If it is necessary to conduct certification cylinders for helium, nitrous oxide and other gas mixtures, we recommend that you contact Helium24 “. On our website you can familiarize yourself with the list of services offered and place an order by calling the specified phone.